When Relatives Turn Into Monsters: 5-Yr-Old MP Girl Allegedly Raped By Relative Who Taught Her
New Year 2020 dawned upon us last week but the crimes against women and children refuses to stop. Crimes against children make our blood boil and in yet another heart-wrenching incident, a 5-year-old girl was allegedly raped by a 23-year-old relative, who was invited home by her parents to teach her and her siblings, a report in the Times of India stated.
The alleged sexual assault had taken place on December 18 but the parents of the child couldn't muster the courage to go to the police station fearing societal ostracisation. However, officers at URJA desk (Urgent Relief & Just Action) counselled them and urged to file a complaint. The accused still remains at large who has been booked under Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act.
According to the POCSO Act which was amended earlier this year aggravated sexual assault on children below the age of 12 is a crime punishable by the death penalty. (URJA helpdesk is a special desk set up for immediate hearing, assistance and action on violence against women and at these help desk most of the in charge are women police personnel and issued which required help apart from police are resolved through referral service.)
This is not the first time a case of sexual assault on a minor came to the fore. Last month, a 6-year-old girl was locked up in a bathroom and raped by a 19-year-old. The incident had taken place in Kolkata's Garden Reach area. According to the police, the accused, identified as Danish Sheikh is a neighbour of the victim. On Friday, Sheikh allegedly lured the 6-year-old girl to the first floor of a building, which was a marriage hall and took her to the bathroom, where she was locked up and raped.
Based on the girl's mother's complaint, Sheikh who used to work in the same building where the crime took place was identified and arrested. The development comes even as there is boiling anger across the country over the increasing number of cases of rapes. Ever since the law came into effect there have been nearly 10 cases where the culprits have been sentenced to death. However, none of the sentences delivered by the trial courts have been executed as the convicts have filed appeals.
Stones Pelted At Nankana Sahib Gurdwara In Pakistan, Sardar Patel Statue Unveiled + Other News
- NewsWe Are 80%, You Listen To Us If You Want To Live In India, Karnataka BJP MLA To CAA Protesters1.4K SHARES
River Saraswati And Harappan City Of Dholavira Could Have Been Lost Due To Climate Change
Will Pack You Off To Your Country, Minister Babul Supriyo To Muslim Student Who Criticised Him
- indiaProud Moment! Tripura Shows The Way As It Gets Selected For 'Best Performing State' Award268 SHARES
- indiaMost Nobel Winners From India Brahmins, A Brahmin Drafted Constitution, Claims Gujarat Speaker403 SHARES
- worldNankana Gurdwara Not Vandalised, Says Pak After Stone Pelting By Mob That Threatened To Harm It559 SHARES
Delhi's Winter Likely To Get More Intense, 300 Maharashtra Farmers Suicide And Other Top News
- indiaOnly In India! Tired Of Media Attention, Rs 1 Cr Lottery Winner Wants Police Protection167 SHARES
Lucky Escape! Man Wearing Lawyer's Attire Flings Iron Rod At Judge Inside A Mumbai Courtroom
- india300 Farmers Committed Suicide In Maharashtra In November While Parties Were Fighting For Power1.1K SHARES
- indiaKudos! Ethical Values, Moral Education To Be Taught In Telangana Schools From New Academic Year481 SHARES