North India Continues To Shiver, Over Two Lakh People Come Together Against CAA + More Top News
The whole of North India is braving cold weather conditions for almost a week. There is however a mild respite from the dipping temperatures as Delhi-NCR region managed to see sunlight for the past two days. Despite that, temperatures continued to plummet. Minimum temperatures in the national capital settled at 4.6 degrees Celsius, three notches below the season's average.
The dip in temperature and drop in visibility also saw several trains and flights getting delayed. Read More
Close To Two Lakh People Come Together In Kerala To Protest CAA
On January 1, close to two lakh people walked the roads of Kochi protesting the argumentative Citizenship Amendment Act heeding the call by several Muslim organisations. The rally culminated at the Marine Drive in Kochi in the evening, where leaders of 13 Muslim organisations addressed a crowd of protesters to demand the withdrawal of the controversial legislation.
At a time when India is gripped under nationwide protests against the CAA that has been termed as “unconstitutional” and “unsecular”, some state governments have resolved to not implement it in their state. Read More
Over 100 Infants Die In Kota Hospital In December Taking Toll To 963
In what seems to be a shocking rerun of Gorakhpur hospital tragedy in 2017 where hundreds of infants died of encephalitis, death toll at Kota’s J K Lon Hospital has crossed the 100-mark in the month of December. Reports suggest at least nine more infants died in the last two days.
The number of infant deaths in the same hospital in December 2018 was 77, the hospital authorities said. Read More
Activist Couple Jailed For CAA Protests Reunited With Their Baby After Bail
The protests that have been raging in India for about three weeks now to oppose the Citizenship (Amendment) Act (CAA) have led to arrest of several activists and demonstrators in the light of the violence that emerged.
Activists Ekta and Ravi Shekhar returned home to their 14-month-old baby on Thursday, a day after an Uttar Pradesh court gave bail to them and 56 others arrested for protests against the Citizenship Amendment Act and the NRC nearly two weeks ago. Read More
India Sets A Record! Welcomes 67,000 Babies, World's Most, On January 1
On January 1, 2020, India set a record for the most number of babies born worldwide on New Year’s Day, according to data released by the UNICEF (United Nations Children's Fund).
According to UNICEF, of the estimated 392,078 babies born around the world, 67,385 were born in India on January 1. India was followed by China (46,299), Nigeria (26,039), Pakistan (16,787), Indonesia (13,020) and the United States of America (10,452) among others. Read More
Haryana Sisters Denied Passport Because Officials Think They Look Like 'Nepali'
Two sisters in Haryana were denied a passport because the concerned officials thought they look like Nepali.
"When we went to the passport office at Chandigarh, they saw our faces and wrote that we are Nepali. They ask us to prove our nationality," said one of the sisters while narrating the ordeal. "We took the matter to the Minister Anil Vij only after which the process of making our passport started," she added. Read More
AD: U.S Green Card - Free Check
Check if you are eligible to apply for US citizenship. Free Evaluation!
- NewsWe Are 80%, You Listen To Us If You Want To Live In India, Karnataka BJP MLA To CAA Protesters1.4K SHARES
River Saraswati And Harappan City Of Dholavira Could Have Been Lost Due To Climate Change
- indiaWhen Relatives Turn Into Monsters: 5-Yr-Old MP Girl Allegedly Raped By Relative Who Taught Her432 SHARES
Will Pack You Off To Your Country, Minister Babul Supriyo To Muslim Student Who Criticised Him
- indiaProud Moment! Tripura Shows The Way As It Gets Selected For 'Best Performing State' Award268 SHARES
- indiaAnother Statue Comes Up In Gujarat While We Still Ponder On How To Save Our Dying Economy3.7K SHARES
- indiaMost Nobel Winners From India Brahmins, A Brahmin Drafted Constitution, Claims Gujarat Speaker403 SHARES
- worldNankana Gurdwara Not Vandalised, Says Pak After Stone Pelting By Mob That Threatened To Harm It559 SHARES
- indiaOnly In India! Tired Of Media Attention, Rs 1 Cr Lottery Winner Wants Police Protection167 SHARES
Lucky Escape! Man Wearing Lawyer's Attire Flings Iron Rod At Judge Inside A Mumbai Courtroom
- india300 Farmers Committed Suicide In Maharashtra In November While Parties Were Fighting For Power1.1K SHARES
- indiaKudos! Ethical Values, Moral Education To Be Taught In Telangana Schools From New Academic Year481 SHARES