Only In India! Tired Of Media Attention, Rs 1 Cr Lottery Winner Wants Police Protection
We all crave for fame and success but when it actually materialises, we tend to find it difficult on how to tackle it. The same thing happened to 70-year-old Indra Narayan Sen from West Bengal, the Times of India reported. The senior citizen had won a whopping Rs 1 crore lottery and after being bombarded with fame since becoming an overnight crorepati, he went to a nearby police station requesting for security. Sen had retired ten years back from his deep tubewell operator job. He stays in a small home at Sahapara village in East Burdwan's Kalna district and gets Rs 10,000 as monthly pension.
Sen had bought 10 daily Nagaland state lottery tickets for Rs 60. "I had gone to the Guptipara market and bought those tickets as an afterthought. I kept the tickets folded in my pockets and did not even bother to check the results", he said as quoted to as saying by TOI.
He didn't know about the results but it was the shopkeeper from whom he had purchased the lottery tickets, who informed Sen about his landmark victory. At first, Sen had found it difficult to fathom the fact that he was now a crorepati but after scrutinising the results rigorously, he realised that everything happening around him was true.
Sen feels the lottery win will help him lead a way better life than he is currently living in. He will get his winning amount in the next 3 months.
Sen wants to donate part of his money to build a Durga temple. The rest of the money, he wants to divide among his three sons and grandsons.
Here we have one man asking for security after winning a lottery and on the other hand, a Shiv Sena member in Maharashtra had given up two flats that he won in lottery citing bad vaastu.
According to ANI, Vinod Shirke, the shakha chief of Shiv Sena in Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation gave up his costly flats in Mumbai. He had won two flats in December 2018, both valued at Rs 4.99 crore and Rs 5.80 crore each - the costliest flats in history to be ever sold in an MHADA (Maharashtra Housing and Area Development Authority) lottery.
Originally Published In The Times Of India
Stones Pelted At Nankana Sahib Gurdwara In Pakistan, Sardar Patel Statue Unveiled + Other News
- NewsWe Are 80%, You Listen To Us If You Want To Live In India, Karnataka BJP MLA To CAA Protesters1.4K SHARES
River Saraswati And Harappan City Of Dholavira Could Have Been Lost Due To Climate Change
- indiaWhen Relatives Turn Into Monsters: 5-Yr-Old MP Girl Allegedly Raped By Relative Who Taught Her432 SHARES
- NewsProve Family Didn't Default On Power Bills To Sit For Exams, Haryana Minister's Bizarre Logic145 SHARES
- indiaProud Moment! Tripura Shows The Way As It Gets Selected For 'Best Performing State' Award268 SHARES
- indiaAnother Statue Comes Up In Gujarat While We Still Ponder On How To Save Our Dying Economy3.7K SHARES
- indiaMost Nobel Winners From India Brahmins, A Brahmin Drafted Constitution, Claims Gujarat Speaker403 SHARES
Delhi's Winter Likely To Get More Intense, 300 Maharashtra Farmers Suicide And Other Top News
- indiaDelhi Gets First-Of-Its-Kind Smog Tower So That We All Can Start Breathing Some Good Air4.1K SHARES
Lucky Escape! Man Wearing Lawyer's Attire Flings Iron Rod At Judge Inside A Mumbai Courtroom
- india300 Farmers Committed Suicide In Maharashtra In November While Parties Were Fighting For Power1.1K SHARES